Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Housing...you'll like it...or else!!

Well, who in the world would've known we would be so welcomed into Okinawa? I mean, they really didn't have to go to all of that trouble for the fireworks display this past weekend!

Actually, this weekend was the 22th (and I REALLY mean 22 with a TH) Seaport Chatan Festival. Sometimes the Japanese get a little lost in translation. There were some dragon boat races on Sunday. I wish I could tell you how wonderful they were but...the races were one of the most boring things we've ever been to.

It appears that we live on Okinawa in Chatan (chah tawn) which is a village. There are 12 military installations on the island and Marines roam here freely. They are EVERYWHERE! The Naval Hospital is on Camp Lester which is probably where we'll end up with housing. On Thursday we're going to look at the unit. I don't know why. We pretty much have to take it. Just wait until I post pictures of this mansion. Whoo-ee! It's a bunker. Built to stand the test of time. Able to withstand typhoons. Guaranteed to cause clinical depression. But, more on that later!

No comments: