Monday, August 4, 2008

Hey you! We've got Au!

So, in order to keep up with the rest of the world...we now have cell phones! It's not like it matters to any of you reading this. You all have access to the Vonage number; thereby saving you many, many yen. Cell phone service here is different than in "the States". Believe it or not, all incoming calls are FREE. I still don't understand that. We didn't get the basic plan which gives you 25 (that's TWENTY-FIVE) minutes. We went one step above that and we each have 62 minutes per phone. We're paying about $ 24/month for both phones. Yeah. I said...it's different!

There are 3 cell phone services that we've seen here on the island. Our cell service is Au...pronounced A-U. I think instead of copying Verizon's catchy line, "can you hear me now?" they went with Au since it sounds like "hey you!". Seemed plausible to me. At least I can come up with something for that. If you think you can do better then please...let me know what you come up with for SoftBank and DoCoMo.

No comments: