Saturday, July 26, 2008

We made it!

It's Saturday, July 26th at 0630 here in Okinawa. If you're on the East coast it's 1740. Central time is 1640.

We're still working out the bugs with the time change. We were awake at 0430. Poor little Jenna slept from noon-1930, had dinner and was back in bed by 2100. She was up when we were this morning.

Anyone who watches Oprah knows she always asks her guests this question. "What do you know for sure?"

Well, here's what I know for sure...

1) The peephole in the door is WAY too low. Even I have to bend down to see out of it.

2) I can't read the Japanese Kanji characters on the A/C remotes or the washing machine.

3) The cabinets are way too high. I have to get on a chair to get in them. Low peephole. High cabinets. I don't get it.

4) The bathtub is the size of the bowl I had my cereal in this morning.

5) The mamasans will bustle through the door before you even know they're there.

6) A three bedroom, 1 bath lodge/motel room with kitchenette can be cleaned by two mamasans in less than 4 minutes FLAT! That is not an exaggeration.

7) And, my daughter is a clown. She's sitting on the couch saying, "Let's rock this clubhouse. Get to it!" and now..."I'm gonna rock this hotel!" I don't know where she gets this stuff. New material every day. Next thing I know she's going to be saying, "Thank you! I'll be here all week!"

No comments: