Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Blue Angel Odyssey

Well, it's official! I am now co-owner and primary pilot...I mean, DRIVER...of a 1996 Honda Odyssey now previously owned by a Blue Angel. Look for Eddie, the pilot that flies Fat Albert. He's the one! When I met him today I told him that the only thing I was hoping for that the car didn't have was Jet Assisted Take-Off or JATO. He got a kick out of that. For those you that don't know what JATO means...or looks like...just check out this video:


Apparently, Eddie did not know the depth of my knowledge of the Blue Angels. After we talked about it for a while he said, "Wow! You really DO know a lot about the Blue Angels." Lonnie had to drive him back to the hotel and told me Eddie said he was pretty impressed and that I must be a big fan. I figure you can't really be interested in something and not know anything about it!
This picture is from the air show at Langley AFB in June. These are the British Red Arrows. I've tried and tried to get a picture just like this and...
...it looks like I did!
Look closely now because that's not one plane...it's two!
Fortunately, with digital photography technology being what it is I was able to take OVER 1,300 pictures at 2 days at the Langley AFB air show. Taking pictures of aircraft in flight is pretty challenging. It's a passion! Daniel, you know what I'm talking about!

No comments: